HOME    |    WHO    |    WHAT    |    WHERE    |    CONTACT    |    ABOUT

Mount Olivet Cemetery

4000 Elmwood Ave., Kenmore, Erie County, NY

716-873-6500, Latitude: 42.991N, Longitude: -78.878W
Images Kelly Miller 2003.  Page created June 2003, last updated 11 Sep 2011.

Partial Lot Map, Click To Enlarge!

Surname
Inscription / Cemetery Records
General Images
Partial Plot Map of Garden of Angels Extension (with names)
Field of Stone
McDonald
James Joseph McDonald (1883-1960), h/o Edwina Adeline Morrison
Oleandi
Tammy Lynn Oleandi (1969), infant daughter of Anthony & Sandra

 


Mount Olivet Cemetery

History of the Town of Tonawanda 1805-1930", published by Local Historian, Frederick S. Parkhurst, Ph. D.
Mount Olivet Cemetery is situated on the west side of Delaware Avenue, just north of the junction of Delaware Road and Delaware Avenue and opposite Elm Lawn.
Established in 1912 & originally containing 28 acres, additional tract extended west to Elmwood Ave & Military Rd was purchased later which more than doubled acreage.
The grounds contain a beautiful elm grove, part of the original woods of the Knoche farm. A beautiful chapel was erected in 1931 at a cost of $32,000. Over 5000 burials have been made since 1912.While there are many Roman Catholic Cemeteries in Buffalo and vicinity, Mount Olivet being accessible by way of Delaware Avenue and located in a section of the town which will be thickly settled in years to come will attract lot owners by its well drained grounds and rural beauty.

Back to New York

TOP    |    HOME    |    WHO    |    WHAT    |    WHERE    |    CONTACT    |    ABOUT